Monday, December 6, 2010

Job hunting (Government Agencies)

Since both roommates nak tahu how it is like job hunting kat Malaysia, so here goes what have happen this one and half month of actively mencari kerja, as for the government agencies pastilah focus on plant biotech industry :)

1) Malaysian Cacao Board (MCB)
I'm pretty sure why everyone is wondering with the experiences and contacts I already have why I have not join this government agency. It is simply because their super duper canggih dari luaran (tak sure plak kat dalam macam mane, heh) Advanced Biotechnology  Center is located in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. If dekat Bangi, maybe dah selamat dah bekerja untuk mereka. Maybe I dont appreciate the opportunity like I should, I'm not sure why I'm taking this opportunity lightly, maybe betullah tu orang kata jangan bercinta di usia muda :D But if one day I decided I still want to do cacao research, dengan pantasnya akan contact Dr Guiltinan, hopefully with a support latter or a friendly email  from the person sharing credit for the sequence of cacao genome, MCB sedia menerima saya :)  Owh yes the project was done with French laboratories, if you remember my supervisors has once wanted to sent me there for summer, before WCF decided to delay their funding until God knows when. But yes, everyone must agree, if there was a crop that I should choose to work on, cacao would suit me best, no? :) However, cacao is not one of Malaysia's major penyumbang economy, maka dana pun x banyak sangat, most government funding is given to palm oil research.

2) Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
 I did applied tapi masih belum menerima sebarang jawapan. But this is hard to getlah I think, since masa apply, their opening was mainly for chemical related positions and yang for biotech they need someone who knows how to do mircoarray, aiseyman microarray ni tak berpengalamanlah. No no no no, I did not tell my dadlah, because I did not think I was fully qualified for the position, malulah nk mintak tolong macam tu, no? But my dad did offer an interview with HIM for a position as a field researcher involved in sagu, I did want to say yes, tapi malu ayah sendiri kot :D Again, I might sound like I'm not taking all my chances seriously right? I'm not sure, hurmmm.Tu bukan position just as an RA it was as an RO or as an agronomist which mean tak de maknanye tak nak take seriously the responsibility given, but I thought that if it was as an RO it better be something that I'm really interested with, I dont want to go to work everyday feeling terpaksa. Sagu? Hurmm. But, I did gave him my CV already.

3) Malaysian Agriculture Research Institute (MARDI) 
 Yang ni baru apply. And yang ni I'll ask papa to just please secure an interview je, if possible x delah secure the job sekali. I'm sure beribu-ribu graduate (dalam dan luar negara) yang lain apply jua, we'll see how it goes :)

4) Local Universities
I did applied as a tutor at UPM, UKM and UM tanpa menggunakan orang dalam. As for now, only UM responded.

There's a lot more government agencies and local universities research institute where you can start your career with, here's the list.Is either you can visit their website daily for vacancies or tengok iklan dalam paper because usually gov. agencies iklankan kat paper.

OK that is for gov. agencies. Jom lihat peluang pekerjaan di sector swasta pula.

1 comment: