Thursday, December 9, 2010

Conducting Effective Meeting

I was just super impressed with our instructor today, Assoc. Prof. Mohd Khir Ashari. He actually successfully made me thought about starting a career as a Company Secretary! He made it seem as being a Company Secretary as all glamorous. I even talk about it with my mother on our back home! :D But again, a glamorous life is not what I seek for, well sometimes I do want that life, but most of the time I prefer to be working on something that can actually contribute the society directly. I am super confuse with myself sometimes and I am very grateful that I entered this programme, it let me venture, seeing things out of my normal perspective.

So today we learn the concept of conducting an effective meeting, Everything was very general that is was easy to follow. The concept we learn today may not only be apply in a company meeting but also in a society that we are or will be involved in and also in family meeting. Time is gold and as we went through the course today, I keep on remembering the long hours of meeting that I had with my society back in high school to my university, were meeting were generally long and without a concrete conclusion. So if I were to rewind everything back with the knowledge I gain today, I believe that each society that I joined would have a better organization and we would have not faced some ridiculous outcome from a meeting, just becuase we decided that a meeting is where we need to express everything we are not satisfied with. An agenda planned before a meeting, I believe is very important to make sure that everyone is not only prepared with what they have to say but also to keep everyone focus. I absolutely agree 100 % with our instructor that we definitely should not add in 'dll - dan lain-lain' in an agenda of a meeting.

Looking forward to apply everything I've learn today for future use! I'll keep all the notes close to me :)

And thought to ponder for today:
 "People who enjoys meetings should not be in charge of anything"
Thomas Sowell, American Writer and Economists

No comments:

Post a Comment